User01
User02
User03
User04
Login
Join!
Notifications
Can we use any references or painting from scratch?
Can we use any references or painting from scratch?
Hi, i just want to know if we could use any references (photos...) during the session? More precisely, i don't speak about make a copy or photobashing, but using the mood or an element of it Thanks!
Replies:
RE: Can we use any references or painting from scratch?
You can do whatever you like, references are more than fine, a lot of people use them. Personally i don't think it's okay to use a picture for the background but i've seen people do it, i'm not clear on if that's okay or not but using reference is nothing like that.
Ok thanks!
The most popular pic on CAS uses a background photo which is 90% edited with brush =D

http://conceptartsessions.com/uploads/pieces/649/Gallery.png

It`s not 'allowed', it`s a must if you are to become a -concept- artist In my opinion; Once, of course, all the fundamentals are 100% in check;
Got it ;-)!
Yup, perfectly allowed! If you want to use photo's, 3D tools, real paint, clay or something else to communicate your idea that's all good! But keep in mind that improving your fundamentals will enable you to go further with your designs :D
I\'m no authority here, but I get the impression that as long as you keep it reasonable and use your common sense, then anything goes. There are practically no rules on this site, only guidelines. Well, apart from the time limit, I guess. The time limit is law.

And by common sense I mean stuff like don\'t steal other people\'s work and pretend it\'s your own, don\'t upload anything overly offensive or graphical, etc.
Login to post a reply
Best of the Week 308
registered users
concept art pieces
hours of art
tags added by users
Copyright © 2020 Concept Art Sessions.
All rights reserved.